Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mobile Developments

Mackey is changing all the time, getting bigger, getting stronger, getting better at communicating her needs. And with that change comes some milestones! She is really starting to like being upright, particularly sitting. We sit with her on the floor, holding her up under her arms or by her hands. It's fun to watch her wobbly midsection try to get straight and strong. Well, one night last week, while sitting in Ashley's lap, she started vaulting herself upright into a sitting position, all by herself. Now, she was hungry, and I think she was trying to tell us that, so she started to get upset after a few rounds (I think she was also startled at her newfound mobility). But we managed to capture a bit of it on video before the meltdown:



Mackey is also starting to get more comfortable with tummy time, thanks to Ashley's method of rolling her from her back onto her tummy. This shows her how she would actually get onto her tummy, and then when we roll her from tummy to back, it shows her how she can get off of her tummy. It's a great improvement over what we were doing before--plopping her straight down on her belly. Harumf. Leave it to Ashley to come up with a better technique! Well, lo and behold, she started to roll over from front to back yesterday. She did it twice back on the twin bed in her room. I was so surprised, and of course I didn't have a camera nearby. But then she did it again on her activity mat, and this time, I was ready! She didn't disappoint:

No comments:

Post a Comment