Monday, August 10, 2009

Sweet Sleep

I love how relaxed Mackey's face is when she falls asleep, and then enters deeper sleep. Today, after getting her second round of vaccinations, she was particularly sleepy while nursing (I call it "slursing" when she wants to sleep and nurse at the same time). When she finally unlatched, she lay asleep for a while, and I snapped a picture. Her face is so cute and round--check out the cheeks--and her color is beautiful--a pale peachy-pink that my blackberry camera just can't quite pick up. But her eyelids and eyelashes also make her look so serene.

Beautiful baby girl, I'm so proud of you for handling those nasty shots. I would take them for you if I could!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet it is. Congrats on the amazing four month mark. I can't believe she's been with us for four months already. Jeesh - where does it go? I can't wait to see you all again. Cheers - Walker and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby girl indeed! It's funny how their faces look different when they hit the deep sleep, isn't it? I guess all their muscles going loose just changes their face.

    Chloe is getting her first vaccine today - ARGH! I'm trying not to dread it, but I hate knowing she's about to feel real pain for the first time. Poor babies!

    ReplyDelete