Is he hungry? No, he has had 8 oz in the last two hours.
Has he burped? Maybe. Given his ability to hold onto an air bubble like a pack rat keeps knick knacks, this is a dicey issue.
Does he need a diaper? Probably not.
Especially since it requires an Ol' Faithful leak to disturb this boy.
Will he take the pacifier? Sometimes.
Did you rock/bounce/sway with him? Yes, and if I could just be as adjustable and mechanical as a swing, this might be the silver bullet. Alas, our bodies are not made of titanium and plastic...yet.
So tonight I tried a position Gran Mary used. On his belly on my lap, with belly dangling between my legs and jaw on the edge of my thigh. I'm holding his hand and keeping the pacifier in his mouth at the same time. He is asleep and making the musical sleeping baby sounds. Now, we will see if I can transfer him to his bassinet before my toes fall asleep.
Love all the news and photos. What a beautiful family! I miss you and check in often to take a peek at the blog. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete