Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birth Photo Slide Show

Our photographer finally put together the slideshow of Cashel's birth. I think when you watch it, you'll see that the extra time shows the care she put into it. Ashley and I just watched it for the first time this evening.

It is amazing, with the second child, there is hardly a moment to slow down and pay attention to the wonder of what has happened to our little family with Cashel's arrival. But watching the story of his birth--via photography--brings back very clear memories. And it's amazing to see how tiny he was back on March 21, when he is now a whopping 13.5 pounds at just over two months.

As I watch the slide show, I remember that it happened so very FAST! Labor was just under four hours in total. And the end was like a race to the finish line. We went from taking a walk in the park next to the birth center to tub to bed to birth all in less than an hour.  Our photographer arrived about twenty minutes before he was born (you'll see a clock in the slide show). Other than Ashley and me, you will see Sarah Greenman, our very good friend and amazing doula. I will never forget the strength I felt holding her hand.

What a sweet day. And what a sweet boy.

Click on this link to view it: Cashel's Birth - A Slide Show

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Anne. As I look at this I am reminded of what amazing woman you are. You're good at everything... especially having babies. Good work mama.

    ReplyDelete