Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day!

Mackey watched her first Kentucky Derby today, which coincides nicely with her learning the word "horse." Though if she had a favorite animal today, it would actually be "goat." She has been playing with a Fisher Price Little People barn that I got her for her birthday but didn't get out until today. It's a great match for one of her favorite books: Big Red Barn, a gift from Kathy and Lance Kiland. She LOVES the farm animals. So, tonight, when I read her the book, she could say, "pig," "horse," "goat," and "sheep." She forgot "cow" and called it "bear." But, hey, it was bedtime after all, and these things are supposed to help her get sleepy.

Here are some shots I nabbed of Mackey when we sat out on our front lawn this evening, playing with her farm animals (she is holding the goat) and a big stuffed monkey. It was after a very successful dinner--PIZZA. What self-respecting one-year-old wouldn't like warm bread with tomato sauce and cheese?


No comments:

Post a Comment