Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mackey Sings

I sing to Mackey every day, usually at night as I'm nursing and rocking her to sleep. I have my regular songs, some of which are probably easy to guess:
Hush Little Baby (Mama buys a Mockingbird, diamond ring, etc.)
Brahams Lullaby (I made up some lyrics to go with it)
Baby Mine (from the Disney movie, Dumbo)

Others reflect who I am as a Mom:
Hey Look Me Over (we used to sing it at Winedale in the dressing room)
Hark Hark the Lark (another Winedale tune)
Good Night (Beatles, Ringo singing)
Mull of Kintyre (Paul McCartney, duing his Wings days)
Everything Will Be Allright (XTC--Ashley gives Mackey this one)

I hope to add more to my repertoire, and so I have an iTunes playlist with some other songs to learn over time. So this afternoon, I was playing said playlist, and a couple of wonderful things happened. First, when Mull of Kintyre came on, Mackey got very still on her activity mat, and just listened. It was if she was saying, "Hey! I know that song...wait, does this mean it's time to go to sleep?" But the NEXT song, was a song from Disney's Cinderella, and Mackey clearly indicated that she wants to learn this song. Check it out! She even "toots" her own horn at the beginning.



1 comment:

  1. A ha, THAT kind of toot! What a lovely little chanteuse. I think you definitely have a verbal kiddo on your hands! Too cute. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete