Monday, May 18, 2009

Week Three Highlights

Mackey's look changes as she fills out and as we watch her in different positions in different places around the house. We have another favorite outfit--giraffe girl. Like the monkey butt onesie, this one will be one that we'll miss when she outgrow it. Thankfully, we received a 9 month size in this same style, so she'll have another version to grow into!



We still love watching her sleep, which she does a lot of (and which we're still catching up on), and we get a kick out of her lolling head when in milk-drunk state.




I have started giving her a massage about every other day, following the motions described in a book called Infant Massage. It's a morning ritual (after the first feeding) that signals "awake time" and also creates an opportunity for some bonding and touching that isn't nursing. Mackey especially likes it when I massage her feet. I see a future pedicure lover (like mother, like daughter). And after the massage, she usually is relaxed enough for a good nap, like this:

1 comment: